Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 12:59 AM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> > What I'm concerned about is making such a fundamental semantics
> > change
> > post-beta1.
>
> I have added the patch to the July CF for v17.
>
> If someone does feel like something should be done for v16, David G.
> Johnston posted one possibility here:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKFQuwaVJkM9u+qpOaom2UkPE1sz0BASF-E5amxWPxncUhm4Hw@mail.gmail.com
>
> But as Noah pointed out, there are other privileges that can be abused,
> so a workaround for 16 might not be important if we have a likely fix
> for MAINTAIN coming in 17.

Rather than is_superuser(userid) || userid == ownerid, I think that
the test should be has_privs_of_role(userid, ownerid).

I'm inclined to think that this is a real security issue and am not
very sanguine about waiting another year to fix it, but at the same
time, I'm somewhat worried that the proposed fix might be too narrow
or wrongly-shaped. I'm not too convinced that we've properly
understood what all of the problems in this area are. :-(

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: pgsql: pg_regress: for --no-locale, use LOCALE='C'.
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: pgsql: fd.c: Retry after EINTR in more places