Re: Strange assertion using VACOPT_FREEZE in vacuum.c

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Strange assertion using VACOPT_FREEZE in vacuum.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 1:39 AM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > - 0001 is the previous one
>> > - 0002 removes VacuumStmt from the call stack of ANALYZE and VACUUM routines
>> > - 0003 moves for_wraparound in VacuumParams.
>>
>> Yeah, I think something like this could be a sensible approach.
>
> But autovacuum is still manufacturing a VacuumStmt by hand.  If we want
> to get rid of that, I think it'd work to have a new
> ExecVacuum(VacuumStmt, params) function which is called from
> standard_ProcessUtility and does just vacuum(rel, relid, params).
> Autovacuum on the other hand can call vacuum() without having to
> construct the parse node.

+1.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Strange assertion using VACOPT_FREEZE in vacuum.c
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: NULL-pointer check and incorrect comment for pstate in addRangeTableEntry