Re: Can I skip function ResolveRecoveryConflictWithSnapshot ifsetting hot_standby_feedback=on all the time

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Can I skip function ResolveRecoveryConflictWithSnapshot ifsetting hot_standby_feedback=on all the time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 3:53 AM 范孝剑(康贤) <funnyxj.fxj@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Can I skip function ResolveRecoveryConflictWithSnapshot if setting hot_standby_feedback=on all the time?
> As I know,  function ResolveRecoveryConflictWithSnapshot is used for resolving conflicts once master cleans dead
tuples.But if I set hot_standby_feedback to on, it will not appear conflicts, so I can skip to execute function
ResolveRecoveryConflictWithSnapshot,am I right?

If I remember correctly, even with hot_standby_feedback=on, you could
still get conflicts if the connection between the master and the
standby is temporarily broken and then reestablished.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: incorrect xlog.c coverage report
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] Removing "magic" oids