Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 1:12 PM Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 at 13:05, Greg Sabino Mullane <htamfids@gmail.com> wrote:
SYSTEM</literal>in environments where
>> The emphasis on 'accidental' seems a bit heavy here, and odd. Surely, just "to prevent modifications via ALTER
SYSTEMin environments where..." is enough?
> Not necessarily disagreeing, but it's very important nobody ever mistake this for a security feature. I don't know if
theextra word "accidental" is necessary, but I think that's the motivation.

I think the emphasis is entirely warranted in this case.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Melanie Plageman
Сообщение: Re: Combine Prune and Freeze records emitted by vacuum
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel