Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 2:45 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> On 14.05.24 16:51, Robert Haas wrote:
> > 1. The question of rule file load times seems like something that
> > anyone who could compile PostgreSQL with and without a patch applied
> > could test in under an hour. They could then report the results that
> > they got, and people here could judge whether the resulting numbers
> > are totally cool or very sad or something in between. Anyone willing
> > to do that?
>
> The rules are only loaded once on first use, right?  I tested with
>
> date; for x in $(seq 1 1000); do psql -X -c "select unaccent('foobar')"
> -o /dev/null; done; date
>
> and this had the same runtime (about 8 seconds here) with and without
> the patch.

Cool. Sounds like that's not a problem.

> Btw., with the patch I get
>
> WARNING:  duplicate source strings, first one will be used
>
> so it will need to adjustments in how the rules are produced.

OK. Does anyone want to look into that?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Rémi Cura
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18464: Replacing a SQL function silently drops the generated columns that use this function
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text