Re: Error on failed COMMIT

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Error on failed COMMIT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 1:31 PM Vik Fearing <vik@postgresfriends.org> wrote:
> On 24/02/2020 02:31, Robert Haas wrote:
> > I am really struggling to see why this is anything but a bug in the
> > JDBC driver.
>
> I can follow your logic for it being a bug in the JDBC driver, but
> "anything but"?  No, this is (also) an undocumented violation of SQL.

Well, that's a fair point. I withdraw my previous statement. Instead,
I wish to argue that:

1. This problem can definitely be fixed in any given driver without
changing the behavior of the server.

2. It would be better to fix the driver than the server because this
behavior is very old and there are probably many applications (and
perhaps some drivers) that rely on it, and changing the server would
break them.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [Patch] Make pg_checksums skip foreign tablespace directories
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Error on failed COMMIT