Re: question regarding policy for patches to out-of-support branches

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: question regarding policy for patches to out-of-support branches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 6, 2024 at 4:25 AM Hannu Krosing <hannuk@google.com> wrote:
> Not absolutely sure, but would at least adding a page to PostgreSQL
> Wiki about this make sense ?

I feel like we need to do something. Tom says this is a policy, and
he's made that comment before about other things, but the fact that
they're not memorialized anywhere is a huge problem, IMHO. People
don't read or remember every mailing list discussion forever, and even
if they did, how would we enumerate all the policies for the benefit
of a newcomer? Maybe this belongs in the documentation, maybe in the
wiki, maybe someplace else, but the real issue for me is that policies
have to be discoverable by the people who need to adhere to them, and
old mailing list discussions aren't.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: ResourceOwner refactoring
От: Ashutosh Sharma
Сообщение: Re: Addressing SECURITY DEFINER Function Vulnerabilities in PostgreSQL Extensions