Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 8, 2024 at 1:03 AM Tristan Partin <tristan@neon.tech> wrote:
> I think the way to go is to expose some variation of libpq's
> pqSocketPoll(), which I would be happy to put together a patch for.
> Making frontends, psql in this case, have to reimplement the polling
> logic doesn't strike me as fruitful, which is essentially what I have
> done.

I encourage further exploration of this line of attack. I fear that if
I were to commit something like what you've posted up until now,
people would complain that that code was too ugly to live, and I'd
have a hard time telling them that they're wrong.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: index prefetching
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning