Re: [HACKERS] Bug in prepared statement cache invalidation?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Bug in prepared statement cache invalidation?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Konstantin Knizhnik
<k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> On 05/02/2017 09:30 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> I am not sure how critical is this problem. Definitely it rarely happens,
>>> but lack of normal workarounds (restart backend, recreate function?)
>>> seems
>>> to be  disappointing.
>>
>> The problem goes away if you reconnect.  The problematic cache is only
>> backend-lifetime.
>>
> Most of clients are not connected to the Postgres directly, them are using
> some kind of connection pooling.
> It means that backends are never restarted. And it will be necessary to
> restart the whole service just because we do not have
> dependency tracking mechanism for PL code. Even invalidation of all
> functions in case of DDL seems to be more acceptable solution.

Yeah.  I think there should be a way to tell a PL to flush any
internal caches it is maintaining, some variant of DISCARD.  But that
would require a bunch of code that nobody's written yet.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] multi-column range partition constraint
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Bug in prepared statement cache invalidation?