Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 12:15 AM Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks better, but why do you want to pass elevel to the
> load_relmap_file()? Are we calling this function from somewhere other
> than read_relmap_file()? If not, do we have any plans to call this
> function  directly bypassing read_relmap_file for any upcoming patch?

If it fails during CREATE DATABASE, it should be ERROR, not FATAL. In
that case, we only need to stop trying to create a database; we don't
need to terminate the session. On the other hand if we can't read our
own database's relmap files, that's an unrecoverable error, because we
will not be able to run any queries at all, so FATAL is appropriate.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning