Re: State of pg_createsubscriber

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: State of pg_createsubscriber
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 22, 2024 at 9:52 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another option that we should at least consider is "do nothing". In a
> case like the one Shlok describes, how are we supposed to know what
> the right thing to do is? Is it unreasonable to say that if the user
> doesn't want those publications or subscriptions to exist, the user
> should drop them?
>
> Maybe it is unreasonable to say that, but it seems to me we should at
> least talk about that.

As another option, maybe we could disable subscriptions, so that
nothing happens when the server is first started, and then the user
could decide after that what they want to do.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Ilyasov Ian
Сообщение: RE: Fix src/test/subscription/t/029_on_error.pl test when wal_debug is enabled
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: State of pg_createsubscriber