Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 1:05 PM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> > I concur with the upthread objection that it is way too late in
> > the release cycle to be introducing a breaking change like this.
> > I request that you revert it.
>
> The timing was not great, but this is fixing a purported defect in an older
> v16 feature.  If the MAINTAIN privilege is actually fine, we're all set for
> v16.  If MAINTAIN does have a material problem that $SUBJECT had fixed, we
> should either revert MAINTAIN, un-revert $SUBJECT, or fix the problem a
> different way.

I wonder why this commit used pg_catalog, pg_temp rather than just the
empty string, as AutoVacWorkerMain does.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.