Re: RFC: replace pg_stat_activity.waiting with something more descriptive

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: RFC: replace pg_stat_activity.waiting with something more descriptive
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I have updated the patch to include wait_event_type information in the wait_event table.

I think we should remove "a server process is" from all of these entries.

Also, I think this kind of thing should be tightened up:

+         <entry>A server process is waiting on any one of the commit_timestamp
+         buffer locks to read or write the commit_timestamp page in the
+         pg_commit_ts subdirectory.</entry>

I'd just write: Waiting to read or write a commit timestamp buffer.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Petr Jelinek
Сообщение: Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.