Re: Introduce WAIT_EVENT_EXTENSION and WAIT_EVENT_BUFFER_PIN

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Introduce WAIT_EVENT_EXTENSION and WAIT_EVENT_BUFFER_PIN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 7:38 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2023-05-17 09:22:19 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > Adding pgstat_get_wait_extension adds runtime cost for no corresponding
> > benefit. Having a special case in the code to avoid that seems worthwhile.
>
> I don't think that should ever be used in a path where performance is
> relevant?

I mean, I agree that it would probably be hard to measure any real
performance difference. But I'm not sure that's a good reason to add
cycles to a path where we don't really need to.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: XLog size reductions: smaller XLRec block header for PG17
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Assert failure of the cross-check for nullingrels