Re: pgsql: Update high level vacuumlazy.c comments.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pgsql: Update high level vacuumlazy.c comments.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 5:31 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Update high level vacuumlazy.c comments.
>
> Update vacuumlazy.c file header comments (as well as comments above the
> lazy_scan_heap function) that were largely written before the
> introduction of the HOT optimization, when lazy_scan_heap did far less,
> and didn't actually prune during its initial heap pass.
>
> Since lazy_scan_heap now outsources far more work to lower level
> functions, it makes sense to introduce the function by talking about the
> high level invariant that dictates the order in which each phase takes
> place.  Also deemphasize the case where we run out of memory for TIDs,
> since delaying that discussion makes it easier to talk about issues of
> central importance.
>
> Finally, remove discussion of parallel VACUUM from header comments.
> These don't add much, and are in the wrong place.
>
> Branch
> ------
> master
>
> Details
> -------
> https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/12b5ade9023f3ecaddcbc423a22dc284c91c79f6

I don't know whether this was discussed and you forgot to include a
Discussion link, or whether it wasn't discussed on list, but typically
both things should happen.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Portability hack for pg_global_prng_state.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Simplify declaring variables exported from libpgcommon and libpg