Re: Shouldn't execParallel.c null-terminate query_string in theparallel DSM?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Shouldn't execParallel.c null-terminate query_string in theparallel DSM?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 2:03 AM, Rafia Sabih
<rafia.sabih@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 7:58 AM, Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> I just saw some trailing garbage in my log file emanating from a
>> parallel worker when my query happened to be a BUFFERALIGNed length
>> (in this case 64 characters).  Did commit 4c728f382970 forget to make
>> sure the null terminator is copied?  See attached proposed fix.
>>
> Yes, I missed that.
> Your patch looks good to me, thanks.

Sigh.  I missed that too.  Committed and back-patched to v10.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: David Kamholz
Сообщение: Re: domain cast in parameterized vs. non-parameterized query
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Tracking of page changes for backup purposes. PTRACK [POC]