Re: eXtensible Transaction Manager API (v2)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: eXtensible Transaction Manager API (v2)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 11:06 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 9:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> IMO this is not committable as-is, and I don't think that it's something
>>> that will become committable during this 'fest.  I think we'd be well
>>> advised to boot it to the 2016-09 CF and focus our efforts on other stuff
>>> that has a better chance of getting finished this month.
>
>> Yeah, I would believe that a good first step would be to discuss
>> deeply about that directly at PGCon for folks that will be there and
>> interested in the subject. It seems like a good timing to brainstorm
>> things F2F at the developer unconference for example, a couple of
>> months before the 1st CF of 9.7. We may perhaps (or not) get to
>> cleaner picture of what kind of things are wanted in this area.
>
> Yeah, the whole area seems like a great topic for some unconference
> sessions.

I agree.  I think this is a problem we really need to solve, and I
think talking about it will help us figure out the best solution.  I'd
also be interested in hearing Kevin Grittner's thoughts about
serializability in a distributed environment, since he's obviously
thought about the topic of serializability quite a bit.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Provide much better wait information in pg_stat_activity.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Upper planner pathification