Re: const correctness

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: const correctness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
>> The kicker is that it's a lot of work for an unbelievably tiny
>> benefit, sometimes a negative benefit.
>
> Assuming duplicate declarations with and without const are off the
> table, where do you see the negative?

If it doesn't uglify the code, there aren't any negatives.  I'm just
saying we may not be able to get very far before we run up against
that issue.  For example, in the OP, Thomas wrote:

7.  I made a list_head_const function, which can be used used to get a  pointer to the head cell when you have a
pointerto const List; I  needed that so I could make foreach_const and forboth_const; they  were needed to be able to
makelist_member, _equalList and various  other list-visiting functions work with const List objects.

So that's already duplicating list_head, foreach, and forboth.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: Collect frequency statistics for arrays
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: parallel make failure