Re: ALTER TYPE OWNER fails to recurse to multirange

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: ALTER TYPE OWNER fails to recurse to multirange
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 2:28 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I'm reasoning by analogy to array types, which are automatically
> created and automatically updated to keep the same ownership
> etc. properties as their base type.  To the extent that multirange
> types don't act exactly like that, I say it's a bug/oversight in the
> multirange patch.  So I think this is a backend bug, not a pg_dump
> bug.

Oh...

Well, I guess maybe I'm just clueless. I thought that the range and
multirange were two essentially independent objects being created by
the same command. But I haven't studied the implementation so maybe
I'm completely wrong.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: gai_strerror() is not thread-safe on Windows
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Forbid the use of invalidated physical slots in streaming replication.