Re: patch: prevent user from setting wal_buffers over 2GB bytes

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: patch: prevent user from setting wal_buffers over 2GB bytes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 9:17 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> In guc.c, the maximum for wal_buffers is INT_MAX.  However, wal_buffers
> is actually measured in 8KB buffers, not in bytes.  This means that
> users are able to set wal_buffers > 2GB.  When the database is started,
> this can cause a core dump if the WAL offset is > 2GB.

Why does this cause a core dump?  We could consider fixing whatever
the problem is rather than capping the value.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Autonomous Transaction is back
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: brin index vacuum versus transaction snapshots