Re: Logging parallel worker draught

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Logging parallel worker draught
Дата
Re: Logging parallel worker draught  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 7:06 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think introducing a GUC for this is a good idea. We can
> directly output this message in the server log either at LOG or DEBUG1
> level.

Why not? It seems like something some people might want to log and
others not. Running the whole server at DEBUG1 to get this information
doesn't seem like a suitable answer.

What I was wondering was whether we would be better off putting this
into the statistics collector, vs. doing it via logging. Both
approaches seem to have pros and cons.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Overhauling "Routine Vacuuming" docs, particularly its handling of freezing
От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Re: base backup vs. concurrent truncation