Re: On login trigger: take three

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: On login trigger: take three
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 7:34 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> IMO the other types of event triggers make it a heck of a lot harder to get
> yourself into a situation that you can't get out of...

In particular, unless something has changed since I committed this
stuff originally, there's no existing type of event trigger than can
prevent the superuser from logging in and running DROP EVENT TRIGGER
-- or a SELECT on the system catalogs to find out what to drop. That
was very much a deliberate decision on my part.

I think it's fine to require dropping to single-user mode as a way of
recovering from extreme situations where, for example, there are
corrupted database files. If we don't need it even then, cool, but if
we do, I'm not sad. But all we're talking about here is somebody maybe
running a command that perhaps they should not have run. Having to
take the whole system down to recover from that seems excessively
painful.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com