Re: Large files for relations

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Large files for relations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 2:18 AM Peter Eisentraut
> > What I'm hearing is that something simple like this might be more acceptable:
> >
> > * initdb --rel-segsize (cf --wal-segsize), default unchanged
>
> makes sense

+1.

> > * pg_upgrade would convert if source and target don't match
>
> This would be good, but it could also be an optional or later feature.

+1. I think that would be nice to have, but not absolutely required.

IMHO it's best not to overcomplicate these projects. Not everything
needs to be part of the initial commit. If the initial commit happens
2 months from now and then stuff like this gets added over the next 8,
that's strictly better than trying to land the whole patch set next
March.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Atomic ops for unlogged LSN
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: memory leak in trigger handling (since PG12)