Re: cutting down the TODO list thread

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: cutting down the TODO list thread
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 8:18 AM Matthias van de Meent
<boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed; and that's why I'm not against removing the specific wording
> of the item. This may not have been clearly described in my previous
> mail, but I would instead like to see a TODO list item which covers
> the need to improve the number of cases where we provide actionable
> advice, and specifically those cases where there is not One Obvious
> Issue (OOI;s like when getting close to wraparound; or close
> checkpoints, or ...).

My vote is for just removing the item, rather than putting it on the
not wanted list. I don't think it's useful to put things as general as
what you say here on the list. But putting this item in the not wanted
section might imply that it's not an area we're looking to improve,
which as you say, is false.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: running logical replication as the subscription owner
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: 'converts internal representation to "..."' comment is confusing