making relfilenodes 56 bits

От Robert Haas
Тема making relfilenodes 56 bits
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[ changing subject line so nobody misses what's under discussion ]

For a quick summary of the overall idea being discussed here and some
discussion of the problems it solves, see
http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmobM5FN5x0u3tSpoNvk_TZPFCdbcHxsXCoY1ytn1dXROvg@mail.gmail.com

For discussion of the proposed renaming of non-user-visible references
to relfilenode to either RelFileLocator or RelFileNumber as
preparatory refactoring work for that change, see
http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoamOtXbVAQf9hWFzonUo6bhhjS6toZQd7HZ-pmojtAmag@mail.gmail.com

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:55 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have worked on this renaming stuff first and once we agree with that
> then I will rebase the other patches on top of this and will also work
> on the other review comments for those patches.
> So basically in this patch
> - The "RelFileNode" structure to "RelFileLocator" and also renamed
> other internal member as below
> typedef struct RelFileLocator
> {
>       Oid spcOid; /* tablespace */
>       Oid dbOid; /* database */
>       Oid relNumber; /* relation */
> } RelFileLocator;

I like those structure member names fine, but I'd like to see this
preliminary patch also introduce the RelFileNumber typedef as an alias
for Oid. Then the main patch can change it to be uint64.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Markus Wanner
Сообщение: Re: fix crash with Python 3.11
От: "Bagga, Rishu"
Сообщение: Re: SLRUs in the main buffer pool - Page Header definitions