Re: Linux Downloads page change

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Linux Downloads page change
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 9 July 2012 10:44, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> It gets pushed periodically when I remember to do it (or someone
> reminds me), which I guess you've forgotten given that we've had this
> exact same discussion before.

That highlights a key flaw.

If we distribute RPMs then the SRPMs should exactly match. If they
don't, that's a pretty serious set of bugs we're introducing.

Can I suggest that the process be changed? Push the SRPM code, then
generate RPMs from the released SRPM code. That way there is no
opportunity to forget anything. This is a substantial security
concern, not just a forgotten task.

Perhaps it would be useful to have a "build farm" that builds the RPMs
from SRPMs automatically, then we will have no need for manually
updating the RPMs at all. (And I mean build all binaries from publicly
available build scripts).

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change