Re: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi christian:

On Thu, 30 May 2024 at 12:51, Christian Schröder
<christian.schroeder@wsd.com> wrote:
> I had already checked most of your points, but I double checked them now.
> Shared memory limits look good to me:
> # sudo sysctl -a | grep kernel.shm
> kernel.shmall = 18446744073692774399
> kernel.shmmax = 18446744073692774399
> kernel.shmmni = 4096

Bear in mind this is SysV shared memory. IIRC Pg uses POSIX shared
memory for shared buffers, which I think is backed normally in Linux
by files in a tmpfs mounted on /dev/shm. It still uses some amount of
SysV due to some special properties lacking from POSIX, for control
purposes, but only a little.

You could try "df -h /dev/shm" and "ls -lhR /dev/shm/" to see if you
have problems there.

Francisco Olarte.

От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15
От: Alanoly Andrews
Сообщение: ERROR: found xmin from before relfrozenxid; MultiXactid does no longer exist -- apparent wraparound