Streaming Replication - changing IP addresses

От Dara Unglaube
Тема Streaming Replication - changing IP addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings.
We have streaming replication set up on two servers that are on our local network using their external/public IP addresses. We are switching internet providers and need to change the external/public IP addresses of both servers. I'm not sure how to go about this correctly.
  1. Our local network IP addresses will not be changing, is there any reason we could/should not use our local network IP addresses in the streaming replication process?
  2. What is the best route to make these changes? Is it as simple as turning postgres off on both servers, changing the IP settings (master - postgres.conf and hba.conf and slave - recovery.conf files to the local network IPs) and starting the service up again? Can anyone point me to an example?

Any tips, suggestions, help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Dara

От: Edson Richter
Сообщение: Re: Divergences in view source code - both servers 9.3.5
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Divergences in view source code - both servers 9.3.5