Re: pgagent-pg16 could not start: Error 1053

От Erik Serrano
Тема Re: pgagent-pg16 could not start: Error 1053
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear B. Liu

What you say makes sense to me that the file you are installing is defective or incompatible. I suggest you look for another distribution and reinstall it.
I hope it helps you and greetings

Erik R. Serrano Saavedra
Ingeniero de Sistemas Informáticos
      Data Base Administrator

El vie, 10 nov 2023 a las 5:43, B Liu (<binliucam@gmail.com>) escribió:
Dear Erik,
Many thanks for your help.
Regarding the windows server 2019, it probably is a virtual machine. After I increased the low time value, there is no error code 1053 any more, but the pgagent service is on starting status forever. To test if the pgagent works, I installed the same pgagent on my laptop, it gave the same service starting status forever, but not into any running stage.
I am pretty sure that the latest pgagent is not working for windows 10 or windows server 2019! I have one postgres-pg12 working on windows server 2012 though.
Kind Regards
Bin

On Thu, Nov 9, 2023 at 2:14 PM B Liu <binliucam@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Erik,

Many thanks for your email.

The pgagent was installed on a brand new windows server 2019, it shouldn't have any file corrupted files, and it was installed via the pgagent installer, which I don't think there is any permission issue,  the local firewall has opened the postgresql port 5432 unless there is another port need to be opened, when I installed the pgagent, I chose the port 5432 anyway.

It narrows down to the low time value, I followed some advice and increased it. When I started pgagent service, it states it is starting, but doesn't go to the running stage, this time no error message, nothing in the postgresql log file.

I wonder if there is a working version of pgagent exist? This could explain why there is no official pgagent downloadable file on the official web site anymore!

Could anybody from the admin team kindly give some update?

Kind Regards

Bin

On Thu, Nov 9, 2023 at 1:06 PM Erik Serrano <eserranos@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear,

The postgresql error indicates that common reasons for this error include:

* Low timeout value
* Firewall restrictions
* Corrupt files
* file permissions

Check that out in the meantime, I hope it helps you.
Greetings

Erik R. Serrano Saavedra
Ingeniero de Sistemas Informáticos
      Data Base Administrator
        eserranos@gmail.com
                 998596691

El jue, 9 nov 2023 a las 9:51, B Liu (<binliucam@gmail.com>) escribió:
Hi there,

I finally downloaded pgagent from EDB installer, when I tried to start pgagent-pg16 service for the first time, it couldn't start, the error message saying: Windows could not start postgres-pg16 service on local computer, error code 1053.

Local server is windows server 2019. Could anybody from the admin team advise on this?

Kind Regards

Bin

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: fails to start - pg_stat_tmp ?
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: fails to start - pg_stat_tmp ?