Re: Internal key management system

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Internal key management system
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 11:36, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2020-02-07 11:18:29 +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> > Another idea we discussed is to internally integrate pgcrypto with the
> > key management system.
>
> Perhaps this has already been discussed (I only briefly looked): I'd
> strongly advise against having any new infrastrure depend on
> pgcrypto. Its code quality imo is well below our standards and contains
> serious red flags like very outdated copies of cryptography algorithm
> implementations.  I think we should consider deprecating and removing
> it, not expanding its use.  It certainly shouldn't be involved in any
> potential disk encryption system at a later stage.

Thank you for the advise.

Yeah I'm not going to use pgcrypto for transparent data encryption.
The KMS patch includes the new basic infrastructure for cryptographic
functions (mainly AES-CBC). I'm thinking we can expand that
infrastructure so that we can also use it for TDE purpose by
supporting new cryptographic functions such as AES-CTR. Anyway, I
agree to not have it depend on pgcrypto.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: typedef SegmentNumber
От: Kuntal Ghosh
Сообщение: Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files