Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 16:09, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Magnus, Tomas, others, do you have any suggestions on the above
> >> options or let us know if you have any other option in mind?
> >>

> > I have a feeling it's far too late for (b) at this time. Regardless of the size of the patch, it feels that this
canend up being a rushed and not thought-through-all-the-way one, in which case we may end up in an even worse
position.

> > Much as I would like to have these stats earlier, I'm also leaning towards (a).
> >

> Fair enough.  The attached patch reverts the commits related to these
> stats.  Sawada-San, can you please once see if I have missed anything
> apart from catversion bump which I will do before commit?

Thank you for the patch!

Do we remove the corresponding line in the release note by another
commit? For the rest, the looks good to me.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: torikoshia
Сообщение: Re: Is it useful to record whether plans are generic or custom?
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication