Re: Proposal: Removing 32 bit support starting from PG17++

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Proposal: Removing 32 bit support starting from PG17++
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 12:34 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Dunno about antique MIPS.  I think there's still some interest in
> not-antique 32-bit MIPS; I have some current-production routers
> with such CPUs.  (Sadly, they don't have enough storage to do
> anything useful with, or I'd think about repurposing one for
> buildfarm.)

FWIW "development of the MIPS architecture has ceased"[1].  (Clearly
there are living ISAs that continue either its spirit or its ...
instructions, but they aren't calling themselves MIPS.)

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIPS_architecture

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 16 Beta 1 release announcement draft