Re: pgsql: Adjust string comparison in jsonpath

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: pgsql: Adjust string comparison in jsonpath
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 9:04 AM Andrew Dunstan
<andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 8/11/19 4:10 PM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> > Adjust string comparison in jsonpath
> >
> > We have implemented jsonpath string comparison using default database locale.
> > However, standard requires us to compare Unicode codepoints.  This commit
> > implements that, but for performance reasons we still use per-byte comparison
> > for "==" operator.  Thus, for consistency other comparison operators do per-byte
> > comparison if Unicode codepoints appear to be equal.
> >
> > In some edge cases, when same Unicode codepoints have different binary
> > representations in database encoding, we diverge standard to achieve better
> > performance of "==" operator.  In future to implement strict standard
> > conformance, we can do normalization of input JSON strings.
> >

> This appears to have upset prion when testing on en_US.iso885915.

Also lapwing's "InstallCheck-fr_FR" stage crashed on this commit, when
running JSON queries, on HEAD and REL_12_STABLE:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=lapwing&dt=2019-08-11%2021%3A02%3A32
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=lapwing&dt=2019-08-11%2020%3A40%3A07

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Adjust string comparison in jsonpath
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Adjust string comparison in jsonpath