Re: Let's make PostgreSQL multi-threaded

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Let's make PostgreSQL multi-threaded
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 8, 2023 at 7:20 AM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Is the platform support really there for all platforms we want/intend to
> support? I have no problem believing that for modern Linux/BSD systems,
> but what about the older stuff we currently support.

There is a conversation to be had about whether/when/how to adopt
C11/C17 threads (= same API on Windows and Unix, but sadly two
straggler systems don't have required OS support yet (macOS,
OpenBSD)), but POSIX + NT threads were all worked out in the 90s.  We
have last-mover advantage here.

> Also, which other projects did this transition? Is there something we
> could learn from them? Were they restricted to much smaller list of
> platforms?

Apache may be interesting.  Wide ecosystem of extensions.

От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Named Prepared statement problems and possible solutions
От: Melanie Plageman
Сообщение: Re: Wrong results from Parallel Hash Full Join