Re: Issues of slow running queries when dealing with Big Data

От Shaozhong SHI
Тема Re: Issues of slow running queries when dealing with Big Data
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 at 20:36, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
On 29/07/2020 03:51, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the result of select name, setting, source from
> pg_settings where source <> 'default';
>
> Regards,
>
> Shao
>

> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 at 16:42, Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com
> <mailto:mlewis@entrata.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 7:59 AM Shaozhong SHI
>     <shishaozhong@gmail.com <mailto:shishaozhong@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi, Gavin,
>
>         PostgreSQL Version - 10.11. PostGIS Version - 2.4.7. Operating
>         System - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 .
>
>         That is all I know at the moment.
>
>         As I understand, our IT staff is building another one to sit
>         on Azure.
>

>     Please don't top-post in these mailing lists.

Shaozhong, you're top posting again!

Although, sometimes it is appropriate to intersperse your comments in
the previos email, like I this

>     Can you share the results of the below?
>
>     select name, setting, source from pg_settings where source <>
>     'default';

Basically you're being asked to put your reply after the rest of the
email, like I am doing here!

Cheers,
Gavin

Hi, Gavin,

Many thanks.  Is this way correct?  I am learning what is meant by 'top posting'.

Regards,

Shao