Re: Use of .mogrify

От Daniele Varrazzo
Тема Re: Use of .mogrify
Дата
Список psycopg
On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Tobias Fielitz <tobias@streethawk.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just stumbled across this conversation:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.db.psycopg.devel/4775
>
> Is .mogrify still just for debugging usage?

That message is still valid: currently mogrify does what you expect
(actually better than it used to do in 2008). But in the future we
don't guarantee that (actually, if we move to sending parameters to
the server, new cursor classes may not have a mogrify method at all).

> I have a query generated by Django's ORM that I would like to execute as
> plain SQL (because I will wrap some SQL around it).

Why don't you wrap the SQL around the query with placeholders and then
pass the parameters?

-- Daniele

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Use of .mogrify
От: Daniele Varrazzo
Сообщение: Fwd: Please test before psycopg 2.5.3 release