Re: Safe SELECT ... LIKE abc% in psycopg

От Daniele Varrazzo
Тема Re: Safe SELECT ... LIKE abc% in psycopg
Дата
Список psycopg
Hello Philippe,

Your code seems safe to me. Because the `%` is in the value, not in the query, I don't think you need to escape it.

If any, I would suggest you to avoid using LIKE and to use the Postgres regular expression operators (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/functions-matching.html#FUNCTIONS-POSIX-REGEXP), which integrate better with Python regular expression. Using them, your code (which I assume be looking for a prefix) might end up looking like:

    import re
    WHERE myco.genus.name ~ %s""", ('^' + re.escape(genus.upper()),))

or using the `~*` operator if you want a non-case-sensitive match.

Note that if your table is large you can index the search using trigram indexes: see <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgtrgm.html>. But this is not related to psycopg.

Cheers

-- Daniele

On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 at 18:34, Philippe Strauss <philippe@straussaudio.ch> wrote:
Hello, I'm Philippe from switzerland,

I'm writing using python a small JSON API for a mycology photos archive
webapp. Aside the main API endpoint are two
helpers for an autocomplete form.
Here is the first one:

--8<--
@app.route('/genus/<genus>')
def genus(genus):
     with dbconn.cursor() as cur:
         cur.execute("""SELECT myco.genus.name
             FROM myco.genus
             WHERE myco.genus.name LIKE %s""", (genus.upper()+'%',))
         lsgenus = cur.fetchall()
         ls = []
         for genus in lsgenus:
             ls.append(genus[0])
     return jsonify(ls)
--8<--

My questions:
- What is the best way to use in psycopg3 to express a SELECT ... WHERE
... LIKE blah% ?
- Is my code above safe or vulnerable to a injection attack?
- What peoples having passed on the same pattern have to recommend?

Thanks!

--
Philippe Strauss
https://straussengineering.ch/

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Safe SELECT ... LIKE abc% in psycopg