Re: checkpoint occurs very often when vacuum full running

От Mariel Cherkassky
Тема Re: checkpoint occurs very often when vacuum full running
Дата
Re: checkpoint occurs very often when vacuum full running
Re: checkpoint occurs very often when vacuum full running
Список pgsql-admin
First of all thank you for the quick answer. In my case checkpoint happened every one second during the vacuum full so the checkpoint timeout isn't relevant. My guess was that it writes the changes to the wals but I didn't find anything about it in the documentation. Can you share a link that proves it ? I mean basicly the wals should contain the changes, and vacuum full changes the location of the data and not actually the data.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018, 9:10 PM Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org wrote:
Hi

Checkpoint can be occurs due timeout (checkpoint_timeout) or due amount of WAL (max_wal_size).
Vacuum full does write all data through WAL and therefore may trigger checkpoint more frequently.

regards, Sergei

От: Sergei Kornilov
Сообщение: Re: checkpoint occurs very often when vacuum full running
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Can't find a relation in pg_class