Re: help implementing OGR Postgres foreign data wrapper

От Ben Madin
Тема Re: help implementing OGR Postgres foreign data wrapper
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Brent,

not sure why, but it is working for me using ogrinfo:

~ $ ogrinfo https://dservices3.arcgis.com/fp1tibNcN9mbExhG/arcgis/services/BOMEC_15_Class_WFS/WFSServer\?SERVICE\=WFS\&REQUEST\=GetCapabilities
INFO: Open of `https://dservices3.arcgis.com/fp1tibNcN9mbExhG/arcgis/services/BOMEC_15_Class_WFS/WFSServer?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities'
      using driver `WFS' successful.
Metadata:
  ABSTRACT=To develop a marine environment classification for waters in depths shallower than 3000 m within the outer boundary of the NZ 200 naut. mile EEZ  (an OGC WFS Layer).
  TITLE=WFS
1: BOMEC_15_Class_WFS:BOMEC_15_Class (title: BOMEC_15_Class) (Multi Surface)

not very helpful, but a 400 error might be some kind of encoding problem with request?

cheers

Ben

On Tue, 5 Oct 2021 at 14:18, Brent Wood <Brent.Wood@niwa.co.nz> wrote:
Hi,

Apologies, this not strictly a Postgres question, but Postgres is so fundamental to what I'm trying to do and this list is generally so helpful, so here I go...

I'm using FDW's to create virtual tables providing access to data from external data sources. This is working well for data in other Postgres databases using the Postgres FDW.

I also want to be able to link to data from WFS services via the OGR FDW (https://www.pgxn.org/dist/ogr_fdw/)
The first service I'm trying to connect to is:

I can retrieve the capabilities doc in a browser (test 1 passed!) and plot the data as a layer in QGIS (test 2 passed). My next step is to test OGR access via ogrinfo. This I can't seem to get working. I'm assuming I need to sort this out before trying to get the OGR_FDW working.

I've tried:

I can only get the following response
ogrinfo https://dservices3.arcgis.com/fp1tibNcN9mbExhG/arcgis/services/BOMEC_15_Class_WFS/WFSServer?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
[1] 3121502
ERROR 1: HTTP error code : 400
ERROR 1: HTTP error code : 400
FAILURE:
  -> ESRIC
  -> OGR_PDS
  -> WFS
  -> OAPIF

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem?

Thanks.

Brent Wood

Principal Technician, Fisheries
NIWA
DDI:  +64 (4) 3860529
Brent Wood
Principal Technician - GIS and Spatial Data Management
Programme Leader - Environmental Information Delivery
+64-4-386-0529

National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research Ltd (NIWA)
301 Evans Bay Parade Hataitai Wellington New Zealand
Connect with NIWA: niwa.co.nz Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Instagram
To ensure compliance with legal requirements and to maintain cyber security standards, NIWA's IT systems are subject to ongoing monitoring, activity logging and auditing. This monitoring and auditing service may be provided by third parties. Such third parties can access information transmitted to, processed by and stored on NIWA's IT systems

--

Ausvet Logo

Dr Ben Madin

BVMS MVPHMgmt PhD MANZCVS GAICD
Managing Director
Skype: benmadin
Address:
5 Shuffrey Street
Fremantle, WA 6160
Australia

От: Brent Wood
Сообщение: help implementing OGR Postgres foreign data wrapper
От: Ben Madin
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.2 high replication lag - Part 2