Re: Group role not shown in properties > Default Privileges after adding it

От Aren Cambre
Тема Re: Group role not shown in properties > Default Privileges after adding it
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Looks like pgAdmin's user handling is broken or nonsensical. Just as a test, I created a new login role named test. Here's its SQL:
CREATE ROLE test LOGIN
  ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'md505a671c66aefea124cc08b76ea6d30bb'
  NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;

Then I went to the Tables section of one of a db's schemas, started the Grant Wizard, then went to the Privileges tab, and this test account doesn't appear in the Role dropdown. All I see is public. If I type in test, I can't press Add/Change no matter what I select in Privileges.

This doesn't make sense. If I create a login role, it should show up here and allow me to assign it to arbitrary tables.

And I can confirm that pgAdmin is not acting correctly through direct SQL. If I run this:
grant select on txdot_roadways_3081_transform to gis;

(gis is the account I was trying to use earlier.) Then I can select from that table using that account via another program.'

Why does pgAdmin prevents me from assigning any login account?

Aren

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Aren Cambre <aren@arencambre.com> wrote:
One correction. I wrote "group role", but I think it's actually a login role. Here's its SQL:
CREATE ROLE gis LOGIN
  ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'md5d1eac6a9b9835a37d71bac718a80a7ac'
  NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Aren Cambre <aren@arencambre.com> wrote:
I added a group role named gis to a database using pgAdmin III 1.14.2 using the Default Privileges tab of the db's properties.

I can confirm it worked because if I click on the db, this shows up at the bottom of its SQL:
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
    GRANT SELECT ON TABLES
    TO gis;

However, if I right-click on the db, go to Properties, then select the Default Privileges, it does not show any group roles:
Inline image 1

Near the bottom of the pgAdmin Object browser, under Group Roles is this role:
Inline image 2

Aren

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: incorrect charset in HTML report
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Re: Group role not shown in properties > Default Privileges after adding it