От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 7:29 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are some review comments for v72-0001
>
> ======
> doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_subscription.sgml
>
> 1.
> +      parameter value of the subscription. Otherwise, the slot on the
> +      publisher may behave differently from what subscription's
> +      option says. The slot on the publisher could either be
> +      synced to the standbys even when the subscription's
> +      option is disabled or could be disabled for sync
> +      even when the subscription's
> +      option is enabled.
> +     </para>
>
> It is a bit wordy to keep saying "disabled/enabled"
>
> BEFORE
> The slot on the publisher could either be synced to the standbys even
> when the subscription's failover option is disabled or could be
> disabled for sync even when the subscription's failover option is
> enabled.
>
> SUGGESTION
> The slot on the publisher could be synced to the standbys even when
> the subscription's failover = false or may not be syncing even when
> the subscription's failover = true.

I think it is a matter of personal preference because I find the
existing wording in the patch easier to follow. So, I would like to
retain that as it is.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Race condition in FetchTableStates() breaks synchronization of subscription tables
От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: pg_column_toast_chunk_id: a function to get a chunk ID of a TOASTed value