Re: Assert while autovacuum was executing

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Assert while autovacuum was executing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 11:53 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 10:27 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > As far as I can tell 72e78d831a as-is is just bogus. Unfortunately that likely
> > also means 3ba59ccc89 is not right.
>
> Quite possibly. But I maintain that ginInsertCleanup() is probably
> also bogus in a way that's directly relevant.
>
> Did you know that ginInsertCleanup() is the only code that uses
> heavyweight page locks these days? Though only on the index metapage!
>
> Isn't this the kind of thing that VACUUM's relation level lock is
> supposed to take care of?

Yeah, I also can't see why that shouldn't be sufficient for VACUUM.
Assuming your observation is correct, what do you suggest doing in
this regard?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: shveta malik
Сообщение: Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Making empty Bitmapsets always be NULL