Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 12:38 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> At Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:56:33 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> > >
> > > The GUC is not stored in a catalog, but.. oh... it is multiplied by
> > > 1000.
> >
> > Which part of the patch you are referring to here? Isn't the check in
>
> Where recovery_min_apply_delay is used. It is allowed to be set up to
> INT_MAX but it is used as:
>
> >       delayUntil = TimestampTzPlusMilliseconds(xtime, recovery_min_apply_delay);
>
> Where the macro is defined as:
>
> > #define TimestampTzPlusMilliseconds(tz,ms) ((tz) + ((ms) * (int64) 1000))
>
> Which can lead to overflow, which is practically harmless.

But here tz is always TimestampTz (which is int64), so do, we need to worry?

> > the function defGetMinApplyDelay() sufficient to ensure that the
> > 'delay' value stored in the catalog will always be lesser than
> > INT_MAX?
>
> I'm concerned about cases where INT_MAX is wider than int32.  If we
> don't assume such cases, I'm fine with INT_MAX there.

I am not aware of such cases. Anyway, if any such case is discovered
then we need to change the checks in defGetMinApplyDelay(), right? If
so, then I think it is better to keep it as it is unless we know that
this could be an issue on some platform.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: lockup in parallel hash join on dikkop (freebsd 14.0-current)
От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Re: Check lateral references within PHVs for memoize cache keys