Re: [DOC] Update ALTER SUBSCRIPTION documentation v3

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [DOC] Update ALTER SUBSCRIPTION documentation v3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 7:15 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

> On 15.06.23 04:49, Amit Kapila wrote:
> >
> > Now, along with this change, there is a change in errhint as well
> > which I am not sure about whether to backpatch or not. I think we have
> > the following options (a) commit both doc and code change in HEAD (b)
> > commit both doc and code change in v17 when the next version branch
> > opens (c) backpatch the doc change and commit the code change in HEAD
> > only (d) backpatch the doc change and commit the code change in v17
> > (e) backpatch both the doc and code change.
>
> Reading the thread again now, I think this is essentially a bug fix, so
> I don't mind backpatching it.
>
> I wish the errhint would show the actual command to disable the
> subscription.  It already shows the command to detach the replication
> slot, so it would only be consistent to also show the other command.

Fair enough. I updated the errhint and slightly adjusted the docs as
well in the attached.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: pg_collation.collversion for C.UTF-8
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Subscription statistics are not dropped at DROP SUBSCRIPTION in some cases