Re: About a recently-added message

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: About a recently-added message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 6:16 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> At Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:36:43 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > Yes, I'm happy with all of the changes.  The proposed patch appears to
> > cover all instances related to slotsync.c, and it looks fine to
> > me. Thanks!
>
> I'd like to raise another potential issue outside the patch. The patch
> needed to change only one test item even though it changed nine
> messages. This means eigh out of nine messages that the patch changed
> are not covered by our test. I doubt all of them are worth additional
> test items; however, I think we want to increase coverage.
>
> Do you think some additional tests for the rest of the messages are
> worth the trouble?

We have discussed this during development and didn't find it worth
adding tests for all misconfigured parameters. However, in the next
patch where we are planning to add a slot sync worker that will
automatically sync slots, we are adding a test for one more parameter.
I am not against adding tests for all the parameters but it didn't
appeal to add more test cycles for this.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: "Rajith Rao .B(App Software)"
Сообщение: Porting PostgresSQL libraries for QNX710
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: About a recently-added message