Re: [HACKERS] pg_resetwal is broken if run from v10 against olderversion of PG data directory

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_resetwal is broken if run from v10 against olderversion of PG data directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 1:48 PM, tushar <tushar.ahuja@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed PG v9.6 / v9.5 , if we run pg_resetwal from v10 binaries
> against data directory of v9.6/9.5 ,getting this error -
>
> centos@centos-cpula bin]$ ./pg_resetwal -D /tmp/pg9.6/bin/data/
> pg_resetwal: pg_control exists but is broken or unknown version; ignoring it

This appears to be an expected error as you are trying to use a
version of binaries that doesn't match the version stored in
pg_control.  What makes you think above is a valid usage and should
pass?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] UPDATE of partition key
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] "cannot specify finite value after UNBOUNDED" ... uh,why?