Re: speed up a logical replica setup

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: speed up a logical replica setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 11:35 AM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Thanks for giving comment! 0001 was modified per suggestions.
>
> > Yeah, it is a good idea to add a new option for two_phase but that
> > should be done in the next version. For now, I suggest updating the
> > docs and probably raising a warning (if max_prepared_transactions !=
> > 0) as suggested by Noah. This WARNING is useful because one could
> > expect that setting max_prepared_transactions != 0 means apply will
> > happen at prepare time after the subscriber is created by this tool.
> > The WARNING will be useful even if we support two_phase option as the
> > user may have set the non-zero value of max_prepared_transactions but
> > didn't use two_phase option.
>
> I also think it should be tunable, in PG18+. 0002 adds a description in doc.
> Also, this executable warns if the max_prepared_transactions != 0 on the
> publisher.

I have slightly adjusted the doc update and warning message for the
0002 patch. Please see attached and let me know what do you think.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: stale comments about fastgetattr and heap_getattr
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: race condition in pg_class