Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”  (Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”  (Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried replacing the random() with PostmaterRandom() for a test and it worked.
> This is generating different random values, so the issue is not occurring.
>
> "Global/PostgreSQL.2115609797"
>
> I feel, we should add the the data directory path + the random number to
> generate the name for dynamic shared memory, this can fix problem.

As mentioned above, I think if we can investigate why this error is generated, that will be helpful.  Currently the code ensures that if the segment already exists, it should retry to create a segment with other name (refer dsm_impl_windows()), so the point of investigation is, why it is not going via that path?  I am guessing due to some reason CreateFileMapping() is returning NULL in this case whereas ideally it should return the existing handle with an error ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: "Shulgin, Oleksandr"
Сообщение: Re: More stable query plans via more predictable column statistics
От: Yury Zhuravlev
Сообщение: Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc