Re: [DOC] Update ALTER SUBSCRIPTION documentation

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [DOC] Update ALTER SUBSCRIPTION documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 1:51 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apart from the documentation change, given that setting slot_name =
> NONE always requires for the subscription to be disabled beforehand,
> does it make sense to change ALTER SUBSCRIPTION SET so that we disable
> the subscription when setting slot_name = NONE? Setting slot_name to a
> valid slot name doesn't enable the subscription, though.

I think this is worth considering. Offhand, I don't see any problem
with this idea but users may not like the automatic disabling of
subscriptions along with setting slot_name=NONE. It would be better to
discuss this in a separate thread to seek the opinion of others.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: WAL Insertion Lock Improvements
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: psql tests hangs