Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 1:52 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> It seems to me that INIT cannot be relied on for a similar reason.
> This state would be set for a new relation in
> LogicalRepSyncTableStart(), and the relation would still be in INIT
> state when creating the slot via walrcv_create_slot() in a second
> transaction started a bit later.

Before creating a slot, we changed the state to DATASYNC.

>  However, if we have a failure after
> the transaction that created the slot commits, then we'd have an INIT
> relation in the catalog that got committed *and* a slot related to it
> lying around.

I don't think this can happen otherwise this could be a problem even
without an upgrade after restart.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()
От: Junwang Zhao
Сообщение: Re: Re: How to solve the problem of one backend process crashing and causing other processes to restart?